Monday, January 21, 2013

3 day weekend


Another weekend with my fiance has come and gone. Fortunately, we both had today off, so we were able to extend our time together J 

On Saturday, we saw Lincoln (which makes me want to some historical research), did some shopping, and went to Meatheads for a greasy burger when it was all said and done. FYI: If you go to a movie on a Saturday afternoon, you will find yourselves in a theater full of senior citizens. Not kidding.

On Sunday, we went to church, had tacos for lunch, then spent 2 ½ hours in Bass Pro Shops! Yes, seriously—never thought I’d ever spend that long in such a store. And as much as I hate to admit it, we had a blast! We’ll never have a $27,000 “Party Barge” (aka huge pontoon), but I’m totally ok with that J We went to a Peoria Riverman hockey game, too—they played the Houston Aeros. The Riverman won 6-2. Micah made sure we had fabulous seats—right in the middle, in the 2nd row, next to the penalty box J It was a fun time. After the game, we stopped for breakfast at Cracker Barrel (at 8 pm) on our way back to the farm…

…Did I mention that we’re getting married 11 months from today?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment